I have left the climes of CERN and the whole Nuclear Physics shebang for a while, to go visit my old (yet still young) roommate Raquel here in the Philippines. The reason is two-fold:
a) to see old friends again, and
b) to discuss with my parents where I should go from here.
Suffice it to say, I want to continue with my PhD, no matter how hard it is.
Ideas? Of Course! Delegation!
It is very rainy here right now, Tacloban City must be getting a storm a day at precisely 3 o'clock. Doc Brown would be so proud.
My thoughts go out to a certain passenger whom I met on my flight here, with his lovely girlfriend. Both seemed a little uneasy at coming here, but they soon wised up. I have even read on a certain blog that they thought travel in Manila was without rules! Shah! This was the one thing I neglected to advise them about as they disembarked into the oven that is called "the air" here!
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Taking a Break
Attested by
AkiToo
at
8/03/2005 02:27:00 am
Labels: Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, I started the PhD in Tokyo, but was soon headhunted to Korea. I did a stint at Oxford, England (they "borrowed" me!), and because of a revolutionary new idea I had on Dec 31, 2004, I was offered a job in troubleshooting it across the European labs that adopted it. But you can read that earlier in my blog.
I am now thinking of returning to my PhD.
Nerd31416: My idea was something like this: We fire particles at targets and move our detector around the angles so as to get a 3-D diffraction picture. But our detector has a wide aperture, so I suggested we split the aperture into three "slits" so as to effectively measure three "angles" at once. Wasn't useful for us because we essentially blocked 2/5 of the beam, but the gamma ray people took it on , and it works for them!
Post a Comment