Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"Exciting is Hardly the Word I would Choose"

As said by R2D2 (George's abbreviation for "Roll 2 Dialogue 2" in the original Episode IV screenplay), but translated to us by C3PO.

The quote illustrates to me how travel is ~ exciting ~ but, to pessimist C3PO, quite the opposite.

I refer to the recent loss of my passport. I droppped it, somewhere in the departure lounge at Manila Domestic airport. As usual, this one lounge was packed with people (maybe up to 1000). However, panic I did not. I just retraced my steps, inch by inch, until I reached the point where Ilast knew I had it, near to the newsstand. So I approached the clerk, and he said to ne there was a guy who had found it, and was currently looking for me using my photo. Soon after, I found him, and expressed my profound gratitude with a kiss on the cheek.

Travel can be dangerous at times, and I had simply left it on the floor whilst i checked my baggage, assuming I had already pocketed it into my jeans back pocket.

I thank the Maker that I have a cool head.

No comments: