February 1st, 2003....Columbia Space Shuttle destroyed upon re-entry (Yes, Q, we know you said that!) due to debris from an SRB removing a heat-shield tile from the wing.
July 27th, 2005... Discovery Space Shuttle filmed having the same problem of debris falling off the SRB.
July 28th, 2005... All Space Shuttle flights grounded indefinitely, whilst the crew of Discovery are still in orbit attached to the International Space Station.
NASA say that is all ok as all aspects of the Shuttle in question have been "digitally photographed" and have been found to be "acceptable".
They have been given the go-ahead to try re-entry (Q-squared).
NASA have played it down, but I think these guys (Captained by a GIRL!) are in real trouble.
Just my opinion.
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
I Have a Bad Feeling About This....
Attested by
AkiToo
at
8/03/2005 02:30:00 am
Labels: Space Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I stand corrected about the tiles. Actually, I learned about the seals after I posted this, on CNN. I guess we should all view it a possible re-run of Apollo 13?
Post a Comment