The "Darwin Awards" usually go to that individual who kills him/herself in such a stupid way, that Charles Darwin would have been happy that that said individual had been removed from the Global Gene Pool.
For example, a few years back, I forget the exact details, but a Chinese fighter pilot decided to "escort" a formation of US fighters through Chinese air space, so that they could safely land in China, I think, about a grounded US Hercules (correct me if I wrong). Anyway, his wing touched a US fighter's wing, and he went out of control, and crashed, killing him. He made it to the Darwin Awards Website.
How about this one: In Hilusig, where I was a guest again for the last 2 weeks or so, this happened only yesterday:
Two guys had been drinking. Heavily.
These two decided it would be a good idea to go for a ride, in the dark, on a motorcycle, after the said alcohol-consuming activity.
(and of course, in the Philippines, motorcycle helmets do NOT exist)
There is only one road in Hilusig, and it is unlit at night - you only have headlights to guide you. There are no city lights, only the Stars and pitch blackness to see by.
Not surprising, then, that they apparently crashed at speed.
The lead rider was killed. Also not surprising since Hilusig sits on the side of a mountain.
The pillion rider lived.
The question begs itself: Who deserves the Darwin Award most, even though you have to be dead to get it?!?!?!
Obviously, the guy who was killed got the award, but what about the passenger? Did he not deserve it more for agreeing to be ridden into the night by another drunk guy?
Maybe the second guy is a victim of the "Final Destination" scenario...?
..or is that...."will be.....?"
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Classify this One, then!
Attested by
AkiToo
at
8/03/2005 04:31:00 am
Labels: Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dotcomer, I would appreciate it if you would post your comments on the correct post!
Thanks Lawny! I loved your last paragraph.
Post a Comment