Well, here I am in Jolly old England. Charlie-boy has had his irreverent (irrelevant?) wedding postponed more than once, and now, it had been rescheduled again due to some other dead person(Sorry John-Paul, respects later). And now I find that the Grand National has been moved to 1605 rather than the traditional 1520 because of this.
Well, I made my Great Trip to Manchester, and I now get to Liverpool for the National. Local traditions, purrlease! Grand National starts at 1520. Period!
Please say that it was postponed for the Pontiff, not the Pretender.
I am neither Catholic nor Muslim, Buddhist nor Hindu, but there is at least enough good faith in me to realise that this bloke J-P2 deserves a sainthood.
Cynicism aside, The guy travelled the equivalent of the distance to the moon and back three times in aid of World Peace, and who else can simply say "I fathered the birth of a New World". To that, John-Paul, II, you have my deepest respect, and I trust that you and your maker are having a good old rumbustuous time together right now, toasting to the successful job you both put together.
Saturday, April 09, 2005
Popes, Camillas and Horses (but not necessarily in that order or preference)
Attested by
AkiToo
at
4/09/2005 09:13:00 am
Labels: Satire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey! This is a comment!
What is the Universal Life Church? Care to enlighten me?
Post a Comment