Once upon a time there was a river. It was called the "Amster". It hailed from a country called "The Netherlands" (connotations ahoy! - twice! ~ NAY ~ thrice. Those of you into journalism may make the connection(s)).
Anyway, I am here in the real flatland, and home to M. C. Escher. Now there was an artist. True , his career spanned woodcuts and engravings and even paintings, but there was an aura about him that caught the eye. The Impossible Triangle first caught mine. (It certainly got the attention of Boon's finger in Clive Barker's "Nightbreed". (what a disturbing movie!))
Now, there is an impossible cube. (this statement has at least three meanings, depending upon who you are!)
To each his own.
Back to the future, then. I am here in Holland checking out the laboratory in Friesland. Where the black and white cows come from. The lab is at Groningen, North west of the said area. They have an average sort of setup. I will go there tomorrow and gauge their invariance.
Sunday, April 17, 2005
Damn the Hamster
Attested by
AkiToo
at
4/17/2005 05:07:00 pm
Labels: Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment