In my life as a person hailing from Japan and studying in Korea, I have come across various forms of what other people might call racism. Far be it for a lowly Japanese subject to say but, hey! We are not all political you know!
The group of islands called "Dokdo" in the East Sea of Japan is a point I would like to make. Are they Korean or are they Japanese? As a Japanese citizen who spent time in Korea I have to say that I have neutral views. I HAVE to have neutral views.
Why don't our nations both embrace the spirit of Japan/Korea friendship year, along with the World Cup Spirit of 2002, and share them? Or am I being too naive?
Maybe not.........
Several Koreans I have met do not even give Japan a capital letter when writing the name of my country.
Although I hate this, I just keep quiet. After all, I do not want to sink as low as these people.
In a world that is somewhat enlightened now, I was of the opinion that this sort of puerile behaviour was outdated.
Sadly, it seems I was wrong. There are always unelightened people out there, however much a different accent they have, Pakistani or otherwise.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
East Sea Of Japan
Attested by
AkiToo
at
4/14/2005 10:40:00 am
Labels: Politics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, Lawny!
You gathered all this from simply my saying that someone wrote my country witha a small "J"?
Wow, what an imagination!
I have read your monologue twice now and I still do not understand why you wrote so much. Were you quoting? Did you copy and paste from some other Philospher?
Either way, Akiko's Blog does not need your socio-philosphy. Granted, I ask for comments, but your "comment" bordered on the extreme "whatever", to quote Jerry Springer.
Thank you for your interest.
Post a Comment