.....involves three of the most famous constants of all, all encompassed in five symbols.
The constants are:
"pi", the number equal to the circumference of a circle divided by it's diameter, numerically, 3.1415926.....
"e", perhaps less-known, but maybe equally widely used. It is the base of natural logarithms and is the limit of ((1 +1/n)**(n)) as "n" gets nearer to infinity:
"i", the square root of -1, the "imaginary number",
-1 itself,
and an equals "=".
In visual form it is:
In order to get to this amazing result, an understanding of calculus, complex numbers, and trigonometry is needed.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
The Most Remarkable Formula in All Math.......
Attested by
AkiToo
at
5/10/2008 04:45:00 pm
Labels: Maths
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think I can say this does stagger the mind when you think about it. As I recall, originally, no one saw a connection between these constants. Can you or one of your readers tell me who made this connection? Was it the brilliant young mathematician who was killed in a dual or someone else? I can't recall the name. Thank you.
Try this links, Wyman.
http://www.po28.dial.pipex.com/maths/constant.htm
for the constants, and then
http://www.po28.dial.pipex.com/maths/formulae.htm
for the formula.
Post a Comment