Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And the Winner is.....

Having recently taken another trip to Europe to personally oversee how my SSA project is continuing to grow in popularity, it prompts me to list some other inventions, that maybe didn't quite make it thus far.

1. The polystyrene anchor

2. The inflatable dartboard

3. Battery powered battery charger

4. Helicopter ejector seat

5. Re-usuable bathroom tissue

6. Black Highlighter

7. Fire-proof matches

8. Waterproof sponges

9. Solar-powered torch

10. Glow in the dark combat uniform

Permission to laugh is granted.


One of these ten is a viable invention that actually has a use (and has been made).

Can you guess which one?

1 comment:

Wyman Stewart said...

I am not sure about all the devices but I feel I confirmed through the internet that the "battery powered battery charger" exists. I think it is for cellphones or something like that. And if by "solar powered torch" you mean flashlight, there seems to exist a "solar powered flashlight" as well. Now, which one do you "know" exists. I think I may have heard one or two others have been invented, but whether they actually exist as products you can buy, I do not know. Now, it is time for some fun, which is why I am replying.

I would promote the "Helicopter Ejector Seat" as being excellent for a quick trim/haircut or good for a nice close shave for men. People have been known to use a "black highlighter" in the past, and for the lucky few,they managed to read what they highlighted and passed their exam. For the life of me, I can't remember where I saw the "black highlighted" textbook. "Fireproof matches", as I recall, was purchased by one of my family or relatives for a birthday one year---oops, candles, not matches, although I have had boxes of matches that seemed to be fireproof, since they would not ignite. Anyway, these candles took quite some time to get lit and lasted just long enough to be blown out on the birthday cake. Almost ruined the birthday, but was hilarious too.

Your "inflatable dartboard" may exist as well, although I do not know if your inventor actually took this idea to market. May have been a Brit, but think I read about this somewhere once. As for "Re-usable bathroom tissue", think that might be the ultimate gift for any "Greenies" in your life. :-)

On a sadder note: Think I once read where someone came up with an idea for making enemy soldiers glow on a combat field thanks to some device invented to detect the glow. I may only be thinking of a heat detector, but feel like it was something else. I have been seeing a headline the past few days that says some piece of gear has been invented that could potentially turn men into "supercombat soldiers" for the first time ever. Chose not to read the story. I would prefer for peace to breakout all over the world. Well, hope I returned your laugh with a laugh or two of my own. Light subjects are nice, whether of the Einstein kind or the laughter kind. Thanks!!!