Czech Republic v Turkey, round robin match. Do or die - win and you are in, lose and you are out.
Here we go again. The European Soccer Championships is upon us. 16 National sides battle it out to become the COUNTRY best in soccer, as opposed to the CLUB Championship, which is called the European Champions League.
I am really glad we stayed up to watch this on Star Sports Asia this morning, as it turned out to be the most dramatic comeback ever seen in the competition.
For the first time ever, even though it was a group match, if the teams were level at the end the rules say it must decided by penalties, as they both would be level on points, goal difference and goals scored.
Then the Czech Republic scored a goal, and then soon after, another.
Czech Republic 2, Turkey 0
Then came the 75th minute, out of 90. I have never seen anything like this. Watch and enjoy.
Don't listen to the unenthusiatic EPSN reporters, they know nothing of the excitement that this match generated in Europe.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Simply Unbelievable
Attested by
AkiToo
at
6/16/2008 05:02:00 pm
Labels: Sport
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For now, I will skip the video, but nice to see in print what level is what, as I do get confused by it all. Let me take a moment to thank you for both reeducating me on some Soccer points I once knew and educating me on other points I did not know. I forget quickly, but at least you have been patient with me. Since it is the most popular sport in the world, I suppose a fellow should know a bit about it, simply to be literate about the world. Thanks again.
Post a Comment