Sunday, October 21, 2007

So you think you know Japanese?

1. What is the only word in the English language to have two consecutive "I"s?

2. What is the only word in the English language to have 4 sets of consecutive double letters?

3. What is the longest word in English with no vowels?

4. What is the only word in the English language that changes pronunciation when captialtised?

5. True or false: " This sentence is false."

6. True or false: "Thes sentence has foure mistokes in it. "

7. True or false : "This sentence is six words long if it were six words shorter. "

8. True or false: "This plong contains many non-braspish English doodocks but the overall klerpendall can be spackried from the context."


Have fun!

1 comment:

Wyman Stewart said...

Skipping 1, while seeking clarificaction. Wish all others well.

Skipping 2, 3, and 4, but admit I use to know 2 and 3. 4, that's interesting.

5. Undecideable, therefore it could be either.

6. Tru: Dis sintense haz for misteaks n et. Mine has more, but want to see what others think the 4th. is if they say true also. I think it is...:-)

7. True: If it were six words shorter, this sentence is six words long. But watch your choice for one is a sentence and the other is an incomplete thought/sentence.

8. True: This quote contains non-standard English verbiage but the overall connotation can be specified from the context.

Number 8 is the only one I truly concentrated on, but have no better idea on this one than the others. Since I was here first, I thought I would get things started. Best wishes to all and not looking forward to seeing how wrong I am. Okay, I turn things over to you real students now. I sneaked in while the classroom was empty. ;-)