...is a pun on the new blog title.
"Tinikling" is the National Dance of the Philippines. It involves ankles with poles.
"Silence" is because I have had only three comments in all of last month. I assume nobody reads this, but since I like writing anyway....
250 bonus points for each meaning you can see in this new blog title.
There are five, excluding the obvious one.
Can you get them all?
This is me, waiting for suggestions....
The blog title has now changed, so here are the answers.
"Tickling the Ivories of Science"
meanings:
1. "Ivories" refers to piano keys, often featured here.
2. "Ivories" also refers to "Ivory Towers" of mathematics.
3. "Tickling" refers to the way I approach the subject matter, as there are many allusions to "tickle"
4. "Science" refers to my own subject.
5. "Ivories of Science" means the best bits bits of science
6. What do you think Ben was doing when the photo was taken?
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tinikling the Avarice of Silence...
Attested by
AkiToo
at
3/26/2009 01:28:00 am
Labels: Bitz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I really dont have a clue, you have piano player in your blog but it can also mean messing about with still the photo of you waiting for a reply is worth the visit.
ed
It is ok if you do not. I like to play with words. Ask me what the obvious meaning is in a PM!
Post a Comment