This is the one that almost does not belong here.
Yundi Li.
I did not want to put this here since it is so seemingly NOT science. However, I have known this piece since I was about four years old. It is one almost every pianist knows by heart (without reading it, that is. Like a tune you whistle to automatically)
Regretfully, though, it IS science, simply because Mr Yundi does not even have to look at his hands. His eyes seem to know more, even when he is not using them.
The director is brilliant because he films the performer's hands in the reflection of the manufacturer's logo "STEINWAY AND SONS", the greatest piano constructors ever.
My professors make an analogy with physics people - The material is so familiar that no effort is required.
I know almost every note of this - it is played all across the World, and Yundi plays every note on time and in all the right places.
(It seems I am always chasing rainbows, but this takes the biscuit)
I have just noticed - he makes an error on the pedal, just before the trio.
Yundi is absolutely GORGEOUS. ( Sorry Ben )
Thursday, March 19, 2009
SOFT- (loud)
Attested by
AkiToo
at
3/19/2009 06:28:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment