Sunday, May 03, 2009

Conflict of Interest



Ricky Hatton not looking at his best.

Las Vegas boxing match this lunchtime.

Manny Pacquiao (Philippines) taking on Ricky Hatton (North West of England).

Irrestistable object meets immovable force.

Unfortunately for Hatton, the force of gravity beat him and he ended up like this. The reports say that this second round technical knockout had Hatton out cold before he hit the floor.

Conflict of interest because I have homes in both places!

Conflict of interest because it could have been an interesting conflict!

Ako'y Pilipino!

2 comments:

Wyman Stewart said...

Thanks! Will look at this once I have some time. Although I am a non-violent person, I am a Boxing fan. Hatton's prone position is one reason why I am a non-violent person. That's not good for the brain, nor the best cure for insomnia. I think I would have rooted for both guys to survive in good health. Can't say I wouldn't have felt divided on this one myself.

Wyman Stewart said...

The better man won this fight, but I did see both showing a lot of respect for the other's skills in the short time it lasted. PAC has some quick hands! Not to mention accurate too. I did not see some of his blows land, but I could see Hatton's reactions to them. The slow-motion replays were definitely helpful. It looked like the blow to his chin had hit his chest in the live action, but slow-motion shows clearly Hatton took one to the chin that would put anyone down. I hope Hatton fights again, he looks like he knows what he is doing, just got in with a cross between a buzz-saw and a sledgehammer. Hope he will be okay. Thank you for this post. Oh, thanks for the 3 or 4 posts above it. Enjoyed them all.