SUBJECTIVE POST!!!
This is a pastiche of everything Star Trek made for the screen. I recognise almost all of the segments.
It is a fact that the entire Star Trek phenomenon has done more for physics awareness than any Government has been able to do.
The debate goes on STAR WARS versus STAR TREK. I personally am up for Star trek because it is more science based, but I am biased.
I present this here because it appears to be an homage to the issue.
I was born too late and had science in me anyway, but more kids have been inspired by science because of Gene Roddenberry than their science teachers.
A true visionary.
( please notice that the team of heroes always number seven. The Original Series (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie, Uhura, Chekov and Sulu), The Next Generation (Picard, Riker, Troi, Data, Worf, Dr.Crusher and Geordi), Deep Space Nine ( Kira, Odo, Quark, Sisko, Bashir, O'Brien, Dax), Voyager (Janeway, Chakotay, Torres, Seven, The Doc, Paris and Kim). This was probably inspired by The Magnificent Seven western)
((The video would have been ok except for the spelling mistake at the end.))
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
To Boldly Go....
Attested by
AkiToo
at
8/06/2008 12:31:00 am
Labels: Entertainment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Although in the long run, I think the premise is correct about what Star Trek has done for Physics and for inspiring students in Physics and other sciences, some lesser known shows from that same time period as the original Star Trek, made their contributions too. Allow me to suggest a few I remember.
The Outer Limits, both the original and the version of more recent years, not only covered Physics at times, but like Star Trek, posed moral dilemmas about the future of science and mankind. The Time Tunnel tv series and the Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea tv series were inspiring for science as well. One tv series that could have inspired, but I think did not or only at a minimum was Lost In Space, with the possible except of its best character, Robbie the Robot (now dismantled forever).
As fine as Star Trek and some of these other shows have been---I am sure there were many fine Sci-Fi shows in the 1960s and beyond---there are others we should mention who even today teach Physics and inspire students in science. People such as Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and Albert Einstein almost certainly inspired Roddenberry and others. So, we have been much inspired by many, yet they are somehow few.
I think the above had imagination and zeal for their subject. I should include the entire 1960s Space Race inspired many and was not lost on Roddenberry and others.
If I would fault something about schools it would be science teachers are often lacking in imagination and zeal for their subjects. Yet, even when they have it, often they are limited by School Boards, policy makers, and others. I will leave it there for now and may come back later to say more. Until then...
Post a Comment