Saturday, July 01, 2006

Maria Full of "Grace"? Purrlease!!!



"Maria Full of Grace"


Thursday, 29 June, 2006

...." Ever since she won Wimbledon two summers ago Maria Sharapova has become accustomed to first-class attention, even in the courts allocated for her to play on. Show courts most of the time, naturally.

Today she won her second round match against Ashley Harkleroad on Court Two, the notorious ‘Graveyard of Champions’ where many top names have crashed to defeat in the past. For Sharapova, it was more a playground than a graveyard as she romped home for the loss of four games and it brought forth a few sentimental memories.

On her Wimbledon debut as a wild card in 2003, Sharapova was beaten on Court 18 by Svetlana Kuznetsova in the fourth round. "People were walking back and forth, just like on Court Two today," she said. "But it's good, the fans can get to see up close and personal......"

....or so says journalist Ronald Atkin on the official Wimbledon website. In the picture, he says she is "trying to "suppress" her emotions" during a bout of sniffles.

What a laugh!

His Headline was "Maria full of Grace"

If it is grace she has, she ejaculates it with her every tennis shot, from her mouth, throat and her other "nether" regions. I would hardly call a pretty girl vomiting non-verbal abuse with her every "stroke" the least bit graceful.

But then again, I am just a girl myself, who cannot watch this "graceful one" because of the distrsaction she causes with the noise. I mean, it must rate close to a jackhammer on the decibel level.

Poor opponents, who actually have to face this across the net!

I must confess, I cannot recall any other sport abused in this mannner.


Give me Ping Pong anytime. I challenge anyone at that, and I don't so much as "regurgitiate" anything, not even between points, despite any sniffles!

No comments: