Sunday, September 04, 2005

Infrequent forays....

There is a lot in life to laugh about. Some are funny (the 3 Stooges), some are unfunny (Mr Bean), but , to me, the most things that make me laugh are the real life ones. For example, my "Classify this" post.

I was in the physics chatroom the other day (and what a laugh that is at face value, as Phil Collins would say), when someone who claimed to have time-travelled back to the death of his wife in 1997 said to me: "America rules the World".

Harrumph! Between my giggles, I managed to type out "Yeah, and America just got its Southern Ass kicked by a girl!", before I set the geyser on "ignore".

The point I am making here is that for the all-powerful nation America seems to be, right now to any outside country it appears that the US are more interested in watching over other countries, than watching over their own people.

That may be an unfair comment, and I admit that it may be so, but I am just an observer, and this is in no way my opinion. I am just saying it may be the opinion of many.

Is this a case of "What goes around, comes around"?

4 comments:

AkiToo said...

...bearing in mind that I am Japanese, of course....

AkiToo said...

Nerd; You are confusing loyalty with arrogance.

AkiToo said...

...or maybe patriotism with arrogance....

AkiToo said...

Q.E.D., nerd.