Friday, June 26, 2009

"Darkness Falls Across the Land..."

WARNING! - SUBJECTIVE POST!!

Princess Di, Elvis, Karen Carpenter......We will all remember where we were when we learned that they had gone.

And now, Michael Jackson.

Given that he in his later years was, shall we say, a little "Off the Wall", there is no denying that his contribution to the music business was nothing short of phenomenenal.

John Landis recognised the potential when he was asked to direct the video "Thriller". Upon hearing the music, his immediate remark was "Why not make it into a two-reeler?", and subsequently a legend was born.

And now he is gone.

I was never a particular Jackson fan, but it has to be said, "he could dance a little".

I choose "Smooth Criminal" (long version) here as the obvious would have been well, obvious. His last best video and the climax to his movie "Moonwalker".

I loved his Persona. I loved his Style. I loved his Dancing. I loved the Coin.



This is my downloaded version.

Here you can watch in fullscreen on YouTube



His videos will now be collectors items.

It was in this light I decided to download Smooth Criminal and Thriller three hours after the news broke.

I expect the YouTube versions to be deleted in about six weeks (the probable date that the Post Mortem result will be revealed)

No comments: