Saturday, February 14, 2009

Glory Be!




This image appeared today on Yahoo as a "rare" image.

However, it is only "rare" as in having rarely been photographed.

The fact is, every rainbow is different.

Different in the sense that the person standing next to you sees a different rainbow which has different "ends".

I was travelling in a minibus on a freeway once in the rain whilst the sun was shining. I looked behind the vehicle as I knew there would be a rainbow there.

And there it was, but it was travelling with the vehicle!

It's end was in the verge and it's diameter was about 4 or 5 meters.

I alerted my friend, who was sitting on the other side of the vehicle. He noticed it too, but HIS rainbow ended on the freeway.

The rainbow is only part of the thing called a "Glory", which in normal terms would be a completely circular rainbow.

Normal rainbows are only partly seen "Glory's". You have to be in the air to see a Glory.

Here is an example:



Now THAT'S a rainbow!

No comments: