
Just a little calculus off the top of my head. As far as I know, this is completely original.
I have never seen this in any of the textbooks.
It goes further....
In part 2, the brackets are very important, because of the way they are envisaged. I only give one interpretation.
There is another, giving a completely different answer.
Maybe I will give that other interpretation in another post...
Sunday, July 27, 2008
As promised.....
Attested by
AkiToo
at
7/27/2008 04:21:00 pm
Labels: Maths
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This one made me smile :-) Your 'mathwriting' is simply cute!
Now I would like to see the solution ( in your cute mathwriting again!) to the following DE (which crossed my mind while I was reading this post and is completely original as well) :
dy/dx = x^ln(x)
hint : What area does y(x) cover between x=0 and x=1?
Keep smiling,keep exploring, and keep posting! Sayonara :)
Thank you for posting. Now, let's hope all the higher minds come to take a look and have some comments. If so, I will have much fine reading to look forward to. I won't understand it fully people, but come on and comment. You folks make my day some days.
Is that a trick question, Chip?
There are unintegrable functions you know!
Do you think that's a tricky question? I know there are many functions that aren't integrable , but is y(x)=x^ln(x) one of them?
Come on, man, this function is as unintegrable as y = x!
You can't fool me!
If you think it's not integrable, why don't you approximate it then? Try and go as far as you can. Show me where exactly you're stuck in the calculation.
lol I am stuck because my integration by parts (twice) ends up in a differentiation that makes it more complicated.
Come on give me some respect here. I tried integration by substitution and a combination of both.
Result - 11 pages of A4.
I think the function you mentioned is unintegrabbable.
Post a Comment